MY 10 TOP TIPS TO KEEP STRESS AT BAY
1. Take a deep breath or two; Breathing deeply, relaxes the body & brings more Oxygen to the brain. Plus we often hold our breath when stressed.
2. Go outside; A change of environment with a walk in the open air will allow you a bit of clarity.
3. Eat & drink regularly; Low blood sugar & dehydration raise the stress hormone Cortisol.
4. Take your lunch breaks and allocated holidays and try not to take work home; over working only makes matters worse!
5. Engage in regular physical activity; Exertion in the form of sport, dancing, gardening or going to the gym are well known de-stressors.
6. Make hobbies some part of your life; spend time away from your stressors with your mind on something else that is pleasurable.
7. Try to get 7-8 hours’ sleep a night; sleep deprivation is well known to make us more stress susceptible.
8. Avoid junk food; a Mediterranean diet with the emphasis on fruit, veg, nuts, seeds & fish plus whole grain carbs has be proved to be best for one’s mental acuity. Avoid sugary food and drink.
9. Coffee and alcohol are not the answer to stress; using coffee to wake up and alcoholic drinks to relax are a sure sign you are stressed! For further evidence take my stress test and contact me for more advice on how to de-stress. Drink water, diluted juices and herbal teas.
10. Most importantly try to cultivate a Positive Mental Attitude; this can take as much time & effort as training for a marathon but don’t under-estimate the power of your mind in creating not only your stress but success too. Here are a few pointers to help:
· Do whatever it takes feel happy
· Look forward with excited expectation
· Learn from the past
· Be grateful and appreciative of everything in your life
· Forgive! Forgive! Forgive!
· Reduce the effects of reality on your mood and dream big!
· Understand that you are the creator of your life
· ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
Well I hope you have found this useful and please feel free to share this.